A List Of Exciting 5th Grade Compare And Contrast Essay Topics
When students are asked to write essays, especially the compare and contrast essay, it is important to plan everything out before commencing the writing process. You should first properly organize all your thoughts. This way, you would be able to create a helpful outline and chart that would give your paper the solid structure it needs to impress your target readers. This means that comparable traits or characteristics of the subjects being compared should be carefully and clearly listed out.
You should also take the time to make statements that go further to explain to your readers why the differences or similarities between the subjects exist. Finally, you will compose a statement that tells shows them your assessment of the comparisons carried out. You should also allow the creativity in you to show in your compare and contrast essay. There are certain subjects you never know have something in common and with the ideas below, you will find out how creative you can get. Here are some compare and contrast essay ideas to get you started:
- Prom night versus Halloween night
- The differences and similarities between flowers and weeds
- The relationship between the early astronauts and Christopher Columbus
- The differences between campaign speeches and sermons in the church
- The relationship between dictators and school bullies
- Comparison of blizzards versus hurricanes
- Celebrities’ influence on teens versus parents’ influence on teens
- Comparison of car driving lessons and bicycle riding lessons
- Comparing the experience of walking on plains versus boating on open seas
- Comparison of fashion in the 70s to fashion in the 90s
- The versatility of ebooks versus traditional books
- Comparing the experience of watching movies at home versus watching movies at the theatre
- Comparison of time spent with your siblings versus time spent with your schoolmates
- Comparison of being a flight attendant versus a five-star hotel waitress
- Comparison of doing the laundry versus doing the dishes
- Differences and similarities of having female friends versus male friends.
- Comparison of boat rowing with family members versus playing with friends
- Comparison of a person’s inner beauty versus the physical beauty
- Comparisons of the advantages of cold weather to hot weather
- Comparison of your birthday party versus your older sibling’s birthday party
These are some of the topic ideas that can make great topics for compare and contrast essays. This online resource has always proved helpful when it comes to assisting students with getting their essays properly written and formatted.